Overview of the Water Meter Replacement Program
The City of Leduc is upgrading a number of residential water meters to ensure all customers in Leduc have the same standard meter technology.
If the meter at your residence or business has been identified for replacement, it will be upgraded at no cost.
ICONIX Waterworks has been contracted by the City to install the new meters for commercial and residential properties.
Beginning in March 2020, the water meters will be installed in a section-by-section basis. The project is expected to be completed by the end of June 2020.
Update on September 8, 2020:
In partnership with ICONIX Waterworks and the City, the safety protocols below have been reviewed and deemed effective at reducing exposure to COVID-19 for both residents and installers. As such, the continuation of meter installations inside homes and businesses has been approved to continue, effective October 5, 2020.
- Maintaining social distancing during the installation – customers and installers must maintain a distance of at least 2 meters.
- Pre-screening health check interviews via phone for both the customer and the installer prior to entering the premises.
- Appropriate use of mask, gloves, and personal protective equipment - customers are not required to wear masks unless they are in the same room as the installer. The installer will provide a spare mask at the appointment if required.
- Use of disinfectants and hand sanitizers before, during, and after installations.
For the proposed installation, there will be minimal:
- Interaction between the installer and customer
- Water disruption to customers
- Action required by the customer
Please find general information and updates on COVID-19 on the City’s website at www.leduc.ca/covid-19. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time.
What to Expect
Read frequently asked questions about the Program.
Schedule an Appointment
Ready to book your appointment? Book online, via email or phone.
Water Conservation Tips
Reduce water loss, waste, or use in and around your home and save money.