ICONIX teams perform an emergency repair for a customer in need.
On March 13, 2023 at 11:10am, Trevor Hernandez, Branch Manager of the ICONIX Milton branch, received an urgent call for help from a customer who had accidentally hit a 4-inch pipeline with their excavator. Trevor quickly brought in Bo Zhang, Fusion Technician Lead, for his expertise. Bo assessed the situation and provided the customer with three repair options: butt fusion, electrofusion, and mechanical connection. Based on the situation on-site, the customer chose the mechanical connection.
Within half an hour of the initial call, Bo and Jamie Fudge, HDPE Fusion Technician, were on-site digging out the 4-inch pipe buried under the snow. They cut a 13-foot section of the pipe while Trevor and Drew Lindsey, Inside Sales Representative, worked with the ICONIX Ajax team to get a Waga coupler prepped for transfer.
Bo picked up the coupler from the Ajax branch and headed back to the site then helped the site crew install the coupler. By 2:30pm, the team successfully completed the installation and repair.
Count on us for solutions, not just products.
“The customer was so happy and everyone on the site had smiles on their faces.”
Bo Zhang, Fusion Technician Lead
Timeline of Events
ICONIX is a proactive partner dedicated to finding the right product and the right solution for those we serve. We will find a way to get things done.
- ICONIX Milton receives the call from our customer.
- Trevor Hernandez and Bo Zhang contact our customer for further details --> Bo provides three repair options.
- •Bo Zhang and Jamie Fudge arrive on-site and start assisting.
- Meanwhile, Trevor Hernandez and Drew Lindsey work on transferring a Waga coupler from the Ajax branch.
- Bo heads to the Ajax branch to pick up the Waga coupler.
- Bo arrives at the Ajax branch, where Sean Black, Allan Gatchalian and Ryan King help load the Waga coupler.
- Bo is back on-site, where seven works are waiting.
- They double-check the broken pipe and begin installing the new Waga coupler.
- The installation and repairs are complete!