Overview of the Water Meter Replacement Program
The City of Cambridge is modernizing its water system infrastructure to provide the community with better water conservation and leak detection information, as well as to reduce the cost of operation.
Beginning in October 2019, ICONIX Waterworks will install new water meters for all commercial and residential properties. These installations are expected to be completed by December 2021.
UPDATE ON APRIL 8, 2021:
In partnership with ICONIX Waterworks and the City, the following safety protocols have been reviewed and deemed effective at reducing exposure to COVID-19 for both the residents and installers. As such, the continuation of meter installations inside homes and businesses has been approved to continue.
- Maintaining social distancing during the installation
- Pre-Screening upon booking and prior to entering the premises
- Appropriate use of mask, gloves, and personal protective equipment
- Use of disinfectants and hand sanitizers before, during, and after installations
For the proposed installation, there will be minimal:
- Interaction between the installer and customer
- Water disruption to customers
- Action required by the customer
What to Expect
Read frequently asked questions about the Program.
Schedule an Appointment
Ready to book your appointment? Book online, via email or phone.
Water Conservation Tips
Reduce water loss, waste, or use in and around your home and save money.